Last Monday, Andy and I went to Namyangju to meet a friend and before going back to Seoul, we decided to visit Herb Island in Pocheon city. Contrary to its name, Herb Island isn’t really an island, but more of a lush flower and herb garden surrounded by mountains. We went there in the afternoon and had some Herb Jjajangmyun (black noodles).
Let’s explore the place…
At the Santa Village, we passed by an herb shower road. It’s like a gigantic facial mist spray with lavender scent. It was so cool and refreshing. The whole experience was quite okay but it would be much nicer if the weather wasn’t hot and humid. A stroll at Herb island in autumn would be perfect. 🙂
Though the place is accessible through public transportation, it’s better to go there by car especially if you are with kids. Parking is free and you don’t need to worry about the train schedule.
How to get there from Seoul
1. Access in the Dongducheon direction
2. Pass Jangheung , Goyang-si, and proceed in Dongducheon direction (Route 3).
3. Keep going straight to Uijeongbu-Deokjeong-Dongducheon-Soyocheon-Choseongni Station.
4. Make right turn in the Pocheon and Shinbuk Spring Water direction (No. 368 Local Road).
5. Pass Shinbuk Spring Water and go straight in the Pocheon direction for 4 km. You can find Herbs Island on the left side.
6. Access in the Pocheon direction
7. Pass Dongbu Expressway – Uijeongbu in the Pocheon direction (Route 43).
8. Pass Songwoori – Daejin University – Pocheon City Hall and come to Sinbuk-myeon office intersection.
9. Make left turn to the entrance of Gyeongbok University (No. 368 Local Road).), go straight for 12 km and enter into Samjeong Elementary school on the right side. You can find Herbs Island.
For more details, check Herb Island’s official website.