Just as we were finally figuring out why lots of women were getting crazy over BB cream products, there is already a new cream in the market. It’s called CC cream.CC (Color Control) Cream is an improved version of BB (Blemish Balm) Cream which has more added skincare benefits. It is said to be a fusion of skin care and make up. Due to curiosity about this new beauty product, I tried three different CC cream from Etude House, The Face Shop and Chanel.
1. Etude House CC (Correct & Care) Cream
CC cream is one of the newest products from Etude House. This was launched on March 29th 2013. It’s available in two shades- silky (white) and glow (pink). I chose the silky one.
8 in 1 Multifunction: anti-aging, stress relief, hydration, whitening, sun protection (SPF 30 / PA ++), tone-up, smooth texture and luminosity. This 8 in 1 formula hydrates, primes, conceals, treats and protects skin at an easy single step for a healthier complexion. It glides on with silky smooth finish.
When you pump it out, the cream is white with micro breads (which are almost unnoticeable) and when you blend it to your skin, the micro beads melt and the cream changes into beige/pinkish color.
2. The Face Shop Aura CC ( Color Control) Cream
A cream that creates a radiant and clear make up appearance as if the skin is being spotlighted.
|Shades: Radiant Beige & Natural Beige
- Creates radiant and brighter skin tone
- Darkening-proof formula (12 hr long lasting)
- Silver vine complex: skin brightening effect
3. Chanel CC (Correction Complete) Cream
With its CHANEL signature, CC Cream combines 5 actions in 1 single step:
- SOOTHES. Cornflower water comforts sensitive skin.
- MOISTURIZES. Hyaluronic acid helps maintain hydration level all day long by trapping and retaining moisture inside the skin.
- PROTECTS. SPF 30 and PA+++ sun filters block aging-accelerating UVA-UVB rays. A mineral filter guarantees higher tolerance on the skin.
- PREVENTS. An active ingredient of natural origin, Rejuvencia, provides the best shield against external aggressions.
- EVENS OUT IMPERFECTIONS. Redness, dark spots and pores are visibly diminished.
How To Use:
Apply CC Cream on the last stage of your skin care.
#1 The Face Shop
#3 Etude House
Etude House CC cream is like a primer to me. It only does sheer coverage. The Face Shop and Chanel both do medium coverage. I actually add a thin layer of my favorite BB cream on top of the CC cream to achieve my desired coverage.
Etude House 14,000 won
The Face Shop 24.000 won
Chanel 70,000 won
#1 The Face shop
#2 Etude House
If you have dry skin, Chanel is not for you. It tends to cling to the dry patches on your skin and of course it doesn’t look good. You need to have a good exfoliation and apply a good moisturizer before applying Chanel CC Cream. It blends easily but it dries too quickly too. It has semi matte finish. Etude House and The Face Shop are creamier than Chanel. They’re just actually like other BB Creams with less coverage, but more lightweight.
No. The BB cream products that I have also have the skincare benefits that these CC cream products have. They even have higher SPF and give more coverage. Why would I spend more money and time applying another layer when my BB cream alone does all these too.
Follow Lanie in Korea : Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube